The Main Types Of Maintenance Services Available For Your Residential Air Conditioning System
If you're like many homeowners out there, you've become accustomed to air conditioning in your home. Air conditioning makes your interior living environment much more comfortable during the hot summer months by removing heat and moisture from it. However, air conditioners require proper care to keep functioning efficiently and effectively all year long. For that reason, it's important for you to know and keep up with your unit's maintenance demands.
Here's a look at the main maintenance services that your air conditioning system may require to serve you well throughout its lifespan.
Preventative AC Maintenance
As the name suggests, this type of maintenance service is designed to avoid problems that may lead to AC malfunction or breakdown. Some of the common maintenance tasks that are performed as part of preventative AC maintenance include:
- Regularly cleaning or replacing dirty air filters.
- Regularly cleaning the external and other easily accessible parts of your AC to keep everything clean and running smoothly.
- Performing a thorough cleaning of the entire AC unit, including the internal components to remove dirt buildup that may hamper the overall performance of the unit over time, at least once a year.
- Checking the refrigerant level every year to ensure your unit has a sufficient amount of this fluid.
- Tuning up your AC unit to ensure it keeps up with your home's increasing cooling demand.
When it comes to preventative AC maintenance service, you'll need to contact your service provider to schedule a date for their visit. You can agree on the date of the next visit after every visit.
Corrective AC Maintenance
Despite the name, preventative AC maintenance won't prevent all issues. Some AC issues, such as a low refrigerant level and normal wear of components, will occur even when your air conditioner is well-maintained. That's where corrective AC maintenance comes in. It's meant to help fix problems that may arise regardless of how well you look after your air conditioning unit.
Unlike preventative AC maintenance, which is performed during scheduled visits only, corrective maintenance on AC units can be carried out during scheduled visits or emergency visits depending on the severity of the problem.
As modern buildings and AC systems become smarter through the use of IoT technology, machine-assisted predictive maintenance may soon become the solution that HVAC technicians offer to ensure your air conditioner works better, lasts longer, and keeps your home's cooling costs down. Talk to an HVAC service provider near you to discuss your AC maintenance needs.